Plaque honors those who helped with Wood County Veterans Memorial Plaza – BG Independent News

0

Wood County Commissioners today dedicated a plaque recognizing all of the individuals, families, organizations and businesses who helped create the new Wood County Veterans Memorial Plaza on the county courthouse grounds.

Commissioner Doris Herringhaw noted the number of people visiting the memorial.

“We are so, so grateful for everything everyone has done to help us with this,” she said.

The memorial site, originally opened in 1950, was rededicated on September 11, 2021. The plaque is located in the atrium of the courthouse.

The plaque acknowledges the contributions of: Wood County Economic Development Commission, Poggemeyer Design Group, Robert and Patricia Maurer, Principle Business Enterprises, National Tractor Pulling Championships, Wood County Port Authority, Walt and Lois Churchill, Hancock-Wood Electric Cooperative, Kiwanis Club of Bowling Green, Maumee Valley Memorials, MCA of Northwest Ohio, Piping Industry Professionals and Employers, TTL Associates Inc.

Also American Legion and Auxiliary Post 45 of Bowling Green, American Legion Post 539 of North Baltimore, Henry Clay Bacon descendants, Steven Blausey and Robin Agen-Blausey, Bowling Green Community Foundation, Danberry Realtors, Deventhal Co., Fawcett Family, Habitec Security, Hirzel Canning Co. and Farms.

Also Craig and Nancy LaHote in honor of Alexander LaHote, Frederic and Jeanne Matthews, Michael and Theresa Marsh, Penny War participants (Bowling Green, Eastwood, Elmwood and Otsego), Tontogany Odd Fellows #755, Thomas R. Uhler, Women’s Club of Bowling Green, Wood County Genealogical Society, and Wood County Republican Women’s Club.

Share.

Comments are closed.