Happy monday! Catarina here with today’s edition of the Rumson-Fair Haven Daily.
You can expect your daily summary of local news headlines, announcements, events, and more to be delivered straight to your inbox.
First, the weather forecast for the day:
Rather cloudy and humid. High: 73 Low: 65.
Here are today’s top stories at Rumson-Fair Haven:
- A former resident of Fair Haven was one of 365 names added to a World War II memorial in Huntington, Long Island (Press day)
- Rumson-Fair Haven’s Colin Kennedy was chosen as one of Asbury Park Press’s Best Football Players at the Week 5 Shore Conference (Asbury Park Press)
- Alec Pentikis scored three goals as Rumson-Fair Haven dominated Wall, 5-1 at Rumson (nj.com)
- Monmouth County Mosquito Control ordered a mosquito spray in Rumson after evidence of West Nile virus was found in the area. (Rumson-Fair Haven Patch)
today Rumson-Fair Haven Daily is brought to you through Newrez, one of the leading mortgage lenders nationwide. Make a smart move for your future and refinance with Newrez today. Call 844-979-1707 to get in touch with a Newrez loan officer. Newrez, LLC (NMLS # 3013)
Today at Rumson-Fair Haven:
Rumson-Fair Haven Patch Book
- Rumson Country Day School: “They walked and solved problems, they laughed and played, they failed and learned, they succeeded and celebrated, they admired the views and they worked as a team. Adirondacks in 8th was a big hit! #MonRCDS … “(Facebook)
- Fair Haven Center: “So grateful for the partnership with the Griffith Indiana Police Department and their willingness to invest in our community and human trafficking survivors.” (Facebook)
- Fair Haven Center: “Sexual assault survivors have the right to have a lawyer with them during a hospital examination and interview with the police. Serving Lake, Porter and LaPorte counties in Northwestern Ontario. Indiana. #ChooseAdvocacy “(Facebook)
- Greater New Jersey Chapter of the Alzheimer’s Association: “Thank you to Congressman Chris Smith for your unwavering commitment to all New Jersey residents affected by Alzheimer’s disease and for your special message of support to all participants of the Monmouth-Ocean Walk to End Alzheimer’s Disease. ‘Alzheimer’s on October 3. He … “(Facebook)
- Greater New Jersey Chapter of the Alzheimer’s Association: “There are less than 2 weeks until the # Walk2EndAlz Bergen-Passaic! Join us at Overpeck Park, Ridgefield Park on Sunday, October 17 at 8:30 am. Register at alz.org/njwalk Together we will #ENDALZ” (Facebook)
- Greater New Jersey Chapter of the Alzheimer’s Association: “Thank you, Congressman Jeff Van Drew, for your special message of support to everyone involved in the Cumberland and South Jersey Walk to End Alzheimer’s Disease. Don’t worry, there is still time to join us! Register today at: http: // alz.ou … “(Facebook)
From our sponsors – thank you for supporting the local news!
- Braven Health Medicare Advantage Plans (October 5)
- Square dance class – Henry Hudson Trail Activity Center (October 5)
- WEBINAR: Quarterly Investment Outlook (October 6)
- Clover Health Medicare Advantage Plans (October 7)
- Unemployed? Get a free training grant for top certifications (October 7)
- Braven Health Medicare Advantage Plans (November 4)
- Add your event
Please follow and stay informed! See you tomorrow morning for your next update. If you like these newsletters, consider inviting some of your friends and neighbors to follow. You can send them this link to subscribe.
– Catarina moura
About me: I am the editor of Breaking News for Patch, covering the towns of Monmouth County. I started my career as a journalist in Lisbon, Portugal, where I worked for publications such as Público and Sábado. I also worked as a news reporter for the New York Daily News and got a masters degree in journalism from New York University. Please feel free to email me with any questions, comments or advice, at email@example.com
Got a tip or suggestion for an upcoming Rumson-Fair Haven Daily? Write to me at firstname.lastname@example.org.